Linking up with Five Minute Friday today. The theme?
I really don’t know how Kate does it, but it’s like she and I are *crosses fingers* like this.
Creatively, I have been struggling. “Struggling” means: I HAVE WRITER’S BLOCK AND IT’S CONSTIPATION OF THE MIND. GO AHEAD. PICTURE IT.
Ok, quick run down: (did you see what I did there? I am amazed at myself. And the grossness.)
- I wrote a book. Did you know I wrote a book?
- I am now working on another book.
- Did you know, writing another book is really, uh hard?
- Kinda terrifying, actually.
- I just have no idea where I’m going with this blog post, but it’s about the same as progress on THE SECOND COMING.
- I will now refer to the book in a sorta heretical, annoying all caps way because I AM A WRITER AND DRAMATIC DON’T YOU SEE THE ANGST HERE?
- I really like lists. So, I think the whole book will just be lists. Lots and lots of lists.
Ok, I’ll stop.
Which is what I did on the book. I just stared and stared and stared at the page, until I stopped. And instead,
I decided to attack the office. Also known as: the Pit of Despair.
About 5 years ago, I painted and decorated this room for the husband while he was away on a business. I went for SPORTS as my “theme” and also “CHEAP PAINT” as I had a friend who gave me some leftover. It was a beautiful thing.
And then… six years later… the office has stuffed itself with odds and ends and so much STUFF that it made me mutter and stomp. And since one has to go THROUGH THE OFFICE to utilize the downstairs bathroom… well, let’s just say I found myself muttering a lot. For SIX YEARS I HAVE BEEN MUTTERING AT THE OFFICE. This is not healthy.
Here’s all the stuff that was IN the office, now littering my dining room floor. I’ve pulled it all out and am starting with a clean slate. There is still muttering, but at least… it’s a start.
And while I clean and sort and dust and organize… I am writing. In my head.
So much already goes on in my head, y’all. It’s a scary place, in there. So maybe… a book is in there too.
Maybe. I sure hope so. Because so far, this is all I’ve got: