Throw Back Thursday, y’all. Isn’t it funny how time just keeps marching on by?
Maybe not so funny. But life. Just life, afterall.
Soon I will post about my baby going to kindergarten. But, not today. Today I am just gonna look at old posts and pictures and glory in God’s blessings. And perhaps, feel a little heartbroken.
And take a very long nap.
What I Learned This Summer
Posted originally: July 31, 2014
1. Do not fear The Big House Project. Put on your Lord of the Rings soundtrack, bolster your Frodo resolve and hobbit courage, and begin your quest to vanquish the disgusting carpet in your living room. You may be small, and the carpet may be evil, but fear not. Goodness will prevail.
2. Sparklers still kinda scare me. I have three boys (hubs included in this number, as always.) I am out numbered on this notion.
3. Riding a carousel at the Royals game tends to make Red rather thinky. After the ride was over, he looked up at me and said, “I wanna ride it again. But a different horse this time. So we can go farther.” Poor dear. Physics and all.
4. There will be shenanigans. Lots of them. However: in this case, the wee ones were contained.
5. On a hot day, Momsie’s all “Let’s put out the sprinkler! Now run through it, dear ones! Frolic! Frolic about!”
The boys (aka savages) are all:
I just went inside to get some lemonade. I returned to this. What happened to the frolicking?
Which really just made me think this:
6. There will be actual naps. Like, for real.
7. Popsicles are a must. Every day. They cover a multitude of sins – even bad haircuts because sitting? Very still? Dis is hard.
And, when you take your five year old to ENROLL FOR KINDERGARTEN this morning, you bow down low and thank Summer.
Thank you, just for the sweet, sweet blessing of time.
Time is a game played beautifully by children. ~