Happy Thanksgiving Eve! It’s my favorite holiday. FAVORITE. Why?
Sooooo many reasons. But a lot of them are centered around time with family and great food and just… oh, you know. All that mushy stuff.
I post every year my Top Ten Thankfuls, and thought it might be fun to post last year’s… today. I can do that because it’s my blog.
So without further ado:
MOMSIE’S TOP TEN THANKFULS
Here’s what you have been waiting for, all year!!!!! I know you have. Me too.
Gratitude is the best reset button EVER. I belong to a facebook group where we post, every day, five gratitudes, and did you know? Every time I do it, I feel better. Even on the no good, very bad, worstest days ever. Gratitude is a multi-vitamin for the soul, I tell you.
So, here goes. My annual Thanksgiving Day Top Ten Thankfuls:
(In no particular order, because I’m doing this right after I had some coffee and a Clariton and I am totally squirreled out right now):
- Squirrel One and Squirrel Two. Might as well keep it in the rodent family right now.
- Also, of course, head squirrel, the hubster:
4. Lemon Bars. I know. Kinda random. But really? Everything has been all pumpkin spice all over the place and I’m so over it. Let’s start a new thing – Lemon Bar Season! It could happen.
5. That The Force Awakens did not rely on bad CGI and there was no Jar Jar in it.
6. My mom’s oyster dressing. I know that I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating.
7. That Black Friday will be over soon.
8. This guy:He has hopes that one day he will be able to FIT in that box. But, as he keeps getting fatter, and the box stays the same, I admire his optimism.
10: Also, God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. And he is good.
And all God’s people said: Amen.
Sober Momsie. I just am who I am supposed to be when I don’t have alcohol in me. I operate better.
I know, some would say, “Really?” But, if you knew me before you would not argue, believe me.