This is a List of Things That Make me Tired.
- People who just say, “I’m just sayin'” at the end of an obnoxious statement, thinking that somehow “I’m just sayin” makes it not obnoxious. I’m just sayin.
- Instagram pictures that involve abs and something called an Acai bowl.
- Commercials during football games. Beer and Viagra. On repeat. It confuses my children.
- When Kansas City Royals players just LEAVE us for OTHER teams simply because of MONEY I mean where is your LOYALTY. You must STAY WITH US FOREVER.
- The fact that the Royals players make so much money and that they are actually in a place where they think like this: “Well, I make fifty kajillion here, but over there I could make sixty kajillion so it’s actually a negotiating point, that last ten kajillion,” where I am thinking my head would explode if one kajillion just sauntered by and just waved at me.
- I need to get off my Royals kick. Sorry guys. I love you, Royals. Hugs!
7. When my student turns in an entire paper he cut and pasted off of the internet and then insists that somehow he had no idea how that could have possibly happened. (True story. Just happened today. I’m still processing.)
8. Those shirts without the shoulders? They just make me feel cold.
9. When my post starts to double-space without permission and now I’m stuck in double-space land for some reason.
10. Whenever I go a little crazy and say something like, “Hey kids! Let’s make these cookies/craft/happy family project together. It’ll be fun!” because then, within about five minutes, it is so not fun. It’s all a conspiracy.
11. Any sort of situation that involves me calling customer service in any capacity for whatever reason. It doesn’t matter how good I’m feeling, how great my hair is, how wonderful the weather is outside, once I start pushing 1-800 on my phone my life loses all meaning and I no longer feel the will to breathe.
12. When anyone, anywhere, says “I am shook.” Only Beyonce can say that. If you learn anything from this post; if there is any sort of takeaway at all, it’s this: Don’t mess with Beyonce.
13. When I take the car into for an oil change and they ask me if I need my fluids flushed. I NEVER KNOW. I NEVER KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS EXACTLY AND IT FEELS TOO PERSONAL FOR THEM TO BE ASKING ME THAT.
14. When I make homemade macaroni and cheese with butter and cream and all sorts of momma’s love and goodness, and my son says he doesn’t like it because it’s “slippery.” I just nod and tell him, “That was what I was going for, son. Slippery.”
15. Moms who bring homemade cake pops in the shape of ALL the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to school for their child’s birthday. I love you, moms. I do. You go, with your baking skills and knowledge of pop culture. I’m just gonna sit over here with a cup of coffee and my Little Debbie.
16. This post. It just goes on and on. It’s tiring.
17. People who say things like: “The trick to getting up at 5 am to work out is to sleep in your workout clothes.” Like somehow, sleeping in a running bra will make me more vigorous in the morning. Instead, I just feel… constrained. And thus, more grumpy. Plus, I slide all around in the sheets because spandex and that is not proper bedtime etiquette. Unless you’re into that sort of thing. Nudge nudge, wink wink.
18. People who actually try to get away with saying, “Nudge nudge wink wink.”
19. When one of my wee children approaches me and says, “Mom? Do you want to discuss Minecraft? I gotta free hour and a powerpoint presentation here. Have a seat.”
20. Nothing about you. Nothing ever ever about any of you poor darlings, my sweet readers, who actually made it through the randomness that is this post.
Today’s post was brought to you by:
- Not enough coffee.
- Grumpiness and kinda a total feeling of disbelief due to #7.
- Kate Motaung and her Five Minute Friday wonderfulness. And yes, today’s theme was:
I haven’t laughed so hard in a while. Thank you 😉. And your student – as a former English teacher I can relate, so much so. And the Mom stories- brilliant. I’m sorry you’re so weary- but thank you for using it to bring us laughter 😊.
Oh my goodness, this was wonderful! I actually laughed out loud as I read. And it helped relieve some of the achy weariness clinging to me. Thanks for bringing a lighthearted take to the prompt!
Also, on #8 – Did you realize they’re called “cold-shoulder” tops? I’m just sayin’. 😉
Also, homemade mac & cheese sounds really good right now.
COLD SHOULDER TOPS! Brilliant!!
Oh man, thanks for the chuckle this morning. I can so relate! I’m in the #8 spot this week.
Momsie – I love you. Are their moms who seriously make HOMEMADE CAKE POPS?! What is this?! (They are one of my fave things at Starbucks..and java chip frappe. Good stuff, it is.) you know what may cheer up the grumpies – Anjelah Johnson’s comedy special, not fancy. It’s on the Netflixes. It’s hilarious to me right now.
Thank you for always making me laugh, even without coffee. ❤️
Checking it out tonight! I need a good laugh. 🙂
HUGS. ❤️ let me know what you think. ☺️
I totally snorted as I read your post. Multiple times. Can we be friends?
FMF #95 this week,